Safe Routes to School Tampa Bay is a great resource for your community walking school bus/bicycle train program. Here you can find which schools are participating in the Safe Routes to School program this year, as well as many pedestrian and bicycle safety resources. If you have any questions such as: “what is a walking school bus, or how do I start a walking school bus?” Visit Become A Walking/Biking Leader or Register my Child(ren) to Walk/Bike. If you would like more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding walking and biking with your kids to school. Para obtener información en español por favor haga clic aquí.
Back to School!
Here are some tips to keep kids safe as they head back to school this year #walksafe
- Always cross at crosswalks, obey traffic signals.
- Look left, look right and look left again before crossing the street.
- Never run or be distracted when crossing the street.
- When boarding the bus only get on after it has come to a complete stop and the driver or attendant told you to get on.
- Never walk behind a bus; and stay in view of the bus driver at all times.
- Never cross or walk between parked cars.
If you are interested in setting up a Pedestrian Safety presentation at your school you can contact: Lucy Gonzalez at: 813-974-9767 or email: email@example.com